Affirmations serve two different purposes in your life:
1. They retrain your way of thinking
2. You are putting your positive energy into the universe
Of course, you can make your own positive affirmations that are specific to your life goals. But there are a lot of affirmations already created by inspirational people, so you can use theirs and later create more personal ones for yourself.
I have always found a lot of inspiration in the teachings of Dr. Wayne Dyer. He has a list of 18 affirmations that are included in his book Excuses Begone. Basically, the excuses we give ourselves are listed first, with positive affirmations listed after the excuse. This will help you to cancel out some of those horrible mind viruses.
I think some of these excuses listed below will sound familiar to you. I know they did for me!
Dr. Wayne Dyer’s Excuses Begone – List of 18 affirmations:
(Excuse listed first – then the positive affirmation)
1. It will be difficult – I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to with ease and comfort.
2. It’s going to be risky – Being myself involves no risks. It is my ultimate truth, and I live it fearlessly.
3. It will take a long time – I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my destiny.
4. There will be family drama – I would rather be loathed for who I am than loved for who I am not.
5. I don’t deserve it – I am a Divine creation, a piece of God. Therefore, I cannot be undeserving.
6. It’s not my nature – My essential nature is perfect and faultless. It is to this nature that I return.
7. I can’t afford it – I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance.
8. No one will help me – The right circumstances and the right people are already here and will show up on time.
9. It has never happened before – I am willing to attract all that I desire, beginning here and now.
10. I’m not strong enough – I have access to unlimited assistance. My strength comes from my connection to my Source of being.
11. I’m not smart enough – I am a creation of the Divine mind; all is perfect, and I am a genius in my own right.
12. I’m too old (or not old enough) – I am an infinite being. The age of my body has no bearing on what I do or who I am.
13. The rules won’t let me – I live my life according to Divine rules.
14. It’s too big – I think only about what I can do now. By thinking small, I accomplish great things.
15. I don’t have the energy – I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy.
16. It’s not my personal family history – I live in the present moment by being grateful for all of my life experiences as a child.
17. I’m too busy – As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul.
18. I’m too scared – I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, because I know that I am never alone.(Source – Dr. Wayne Dyer’s Website)
These 18 affirmations can make a huge difference in your life!
Just pick the excuses that you find yourself saying – the negative mind viruses. Then say the positive affirmation that correlates to that excuse every day. You can retrain the way you think about yourself and your abilities.
And here’s a special treat for you! I am giving you the link to a beautiful PDF of Dr. Wayne Dyer’s Excuses Begone Affirmations here: Excuses Begone Affirmations